Estate administration is the process of finalising a deceased person’s affairs. It must occur, even when there is no will.
As the period after a death is an emotional time, our approach is to sensitively guide you through what is often an unfamiliar process, making sure the estate is administered promptly and efficiently.
Our services include:
- Locating and interpreting the will
- If there is no will, advising the process for an intestacy
- Advising the executors and trustees appointed under the will of their duties
- Identifying the assets and liabilities
- Preparing the application for probate assuming there is a valid will or such other documents as required in other circumstances
- Tax considerations both of the deceased up to the date of their death and the estate thereafter
- Arranging for the assets to be dealt with in accordance with the will, for example, bank accounts closed and real estate sold and for liabilities to be paid
- Distributing to beneficiaries in accordance with the will
- Potential conflicts and disputes.
If you wish to talk about the administration of an estate, please contact us on (02) 9239 0690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.