End-to-end legal services for projects of any size
Few commercial activities require the range of skills and experience that are needed for property development.
Osbornes Lawyers has been providing legal services to the property development industry for decades.
We combine technical expertise with a deep experience of both the industry and the law to find solutions to the myriad of problems that arise in the course of any development.
We understand the industry and the issues. We strive to anticipate problems, minimise risk and find commercial cost effective solutions before they become a major headache for the development.
Osbornes Lawyers act for:
- Developers, ranging from Australia’s largest developers to individuals redeveloping their homes
- Land owners, including owners entering development or joint venture agreements with builders and developers
- Construction and mezzanine financiers
- Developers in their capacity as landlords of retail sites.
Often we are retained to provide legal services on the development from its inception to completion. We also provide advice on any particular aspect of a development, or take on specified portions of a project.
Our commercial property services.
Site acquisitions, including:
- Advice on the purchasing entity (SPV’s, unit trusts, joint ventures)
- GST and duty implications
- Options including put and call options (see videos below)
- Property due diligence
- Advising on the acquisition contract
- Approvals and voluntary planning agreements.
- Acquisition finance
- Construction finance
- Mezzanine finance
- Development agreements
- Financier Side Deeds
- Builder Tripartite agreements.
- Agency agreements
- Drafting and acting on the off the plan sales contracts
- FIRB applications and approvals
- Financier’s pre-sale requirements and due diligence.
Structuring a subdivision, including:
- Community and strata subdivisions
- Stratum subdivisions
- Drafting community, building and strata management statements and by-laws
- Drafting easements, restrictive covenants and positive covenants.
Drafting agreements for lease of retail sites
Osbornes can handle your entire project or take on portions where you choose to engage another firm, in addition to us, for aspects of the project. Our ability to work around different clients’ requirements is a strong element of our service culture.
We are experienced in acting for parties at all points of the development so whether you’re a developer, fund manager, owner, occupier or another party to the transaction, we can assist you.
We welcome the opportunity to speak with you about a property development project. Please call us on (02) 9239 0690 or email an enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.