Construction industry risks are managed by a practical approach
The construction industry is complex and risk prone. Osbornes Lawyers’ approach to construction law is practical and focused on the commercial objectives of the client.
For front-end services, we keep our communication and documentation concise and readily understandable. We match the documentation to the project.
Construction disputes often get out of hand. Sometimes the cost of the solution can be more than the amount originally at issue. For back-end services, we seek to identify the real issues and manage the matter to contain the dispute, so as to achieve a satisfactory and cost effective resolution.
We act for:
- Project managers
Our services include:
- Tenders, project planning and project documentation
- Contract documentation; including modification of standard documents, customised contracts, design and construct and lump sum
- Development agreements between the builder and landowner or developer
- Contract administration; including negotiation strategies for claims, variations and extensions of time
- Security of payments advice and claims
- Strata Building Bond compliance and administration
- Litigation in the Supreme and District Courts and home building claims in NCAT
- Alternative dispute resolution; including mediation, arbitration and expert determinations.
If you would like to talk to us about any legal issue in building or construction, please contact John Valmas on (02) 9239 0690 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.